The Credit Union was chartered in 1955 by a group of Zale employees and family members. The new credit union was known as Zale Employees Federal Credit Union (ZEFCU).
During the 80’s, several smaller credit unions merged with ZEFCU (Optical FCU, Sherwin Williams FCU, Golden Acres FCU, Joske’s Employee’s FCU and Mary Kay Cosmetics FCU). It was also during the 80’s that the Board of Director’s decided to change the name to Las Colinas Federal Credit Union to reflect the growing number of groups now included within the field of membership.
Over the years, the Credit Union grew and had branches inside the corporate headquarters of both Zale Corporation and Mary Kay Inc., as well as a branch adjacent to Mary Kay’s manufacturing facility. In 2001, another location was added in Valley Ranch. This free-standing building is now our Main Branch.
In 2004, in keeping with our values of providing financial education to our youth, we opened a student-run credit union inside Valley Ranch Elementary School. Following the success of that student credit union, we now sponsor a total of 5 student run branches. Our members are young and old and are located nationwide and Puerto Rico, wherever employees of our companies are located. Members are attracted by our consistently low loan rates and fees and the personal service they receive from our staff.
Although there have been many changes over the years, one thing has stayed the same…our quality personal service and the commitment to provide the best products and rates for our members.
Since our humble beginnings in 1955, LCFCU has grown and is a strong, viable financial institution. We are proud of the past years and thankful for the support shown by our members. We will continue to provide quality service in a personal, professional manner for everyone we can serve. We ARE committed to the future, and all that it holds.